Gempearl is committed to respecting your right to privacy and protecting your personal information. RRRC is bound by the Information Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) which can be found on the Federal Privacy Commissioner’s website.
This statement discloses Gempearl’s information gathering and dissemination practices for this website in accordance with the Federal Privacy Commissioner’s Guidelines for Federal and ACT Government World Wide Websites. Our aim is to provide an online environment which will ensure the information you provide to us is handled in a secure, efficient and confidential manner.
We may collect personal information that you choose to give to us via online forms for example:
- You may complete and submit an online enquiry.
When you browse our website, our Internet Service Provider makes a record of your visits and logs (in server logs) the following information for statistical purposes:
- Your server and assigned IP address
- Your top level domain name (for example, .com, .gov, .au)
- Your operating system (for example, Windows, MAC)
- The date and time of your visit to the site
- The pages accessed and documents downloaded
- The previous site you visited
- The type of browser used.
When you browse the Gempearl website, no attempt will be made to identify you or your browsing activities except in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a legal authority to inspect the Internet Service Provider’s logs.
Some websites may use technology called cookies. Cookies are pieces of information that a website can transfer to your computer when you access information on that site. Cookies can make websites easier to use by storing information about your preferences on a particular website.
Use and disclosure
We will only use personal information collected via our website for the purposes for which it was given to us and for related, internal management purposes.
We do not share personal information about you with other government agencies, organisations or anyone else unless one of the following applies:
- You have consented
- You’d expect us to, or we have told you we will
- It is required or authorised by law
- It will prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to somebody’s life or health
- The disclosure is reasonably necessary for law enforcement, or for the protection of public revenue.
We will only record your email address if you send us a message. It will not be added to a mailing list without your consent.
If for some reason you believe we have not adhered to these principles, please notify us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will do our best to determine and correct the problem promptly. Alternatively, further information regarding your privacy rights may be obtained from the Federal Privacy Commissioner’s Website.
Links to other sites